How to fit Receiver DH10 to a hearing aid
1. Verify that the hearing aid is compatible with Receiver DH10 in the compatibility guide >>
2. Make settings/programming of hearing aid (T-mode and/or MT-mode) to be prepared for use with neck loop.
Check magnetic interference in the environment:
1. Check the environment for magnetic interference with Receiver DH10. (The user can test this by activating T or MT mode in the hearing aid and listen. Possible interference will occur also when Receiver DH10 is being used).
2. If necessary (if user cannot test) measure the magnetic interference level in public places like classrooms etc. with a magnetic field strength meter. Locate any disturbing magnetic fields by moving around and/or turn on/off power sources like lighting, heating etc.
3. If there are disturbing magnetic fields, we recommend using a different Comfort Digisystem such as e.g. Receiver DT10 or the ear set DE10. Receiver DH10 can also be connected directly to most hearing aids using an audio cable and audio shoe to eliminate any magnetic interference (DAI or DAI + M programmed in the hearing aid).
Adjust Receiver DH10 to hearing aids:
1. Verify that there is no interference on the preferred radio channel by using Free Frequency Check (FFC) in Receiver DH10.
2. Pair Receiver DH10 with your Comfort Digisystem.
3. Check the Receiver DH10 by listening with headphones or listen to the magnetic field from the neck loop with for example a magnetic field strength meter or a personal listener with telecoil to see that the system is working.
4. Show the user how to adjust the volume level and how to use the volume limiter or fixed volume if needed.
5. Let the user listen to Receiver DH10 with the neck loop to find the best possible volume level. Try all microphones in different situations to ensure that the user gets the best speech perception.